If you enjoy talking to people, are driven to achieve, have a passion for being the best in a fast paced work environment and some day aspire to run your own business but don’t feel ready to jump right in yet, this opportunity may be for you. The position is designed to give “on the job training” while working with a full time mentor in the agent’s office to build and cultivate customer relationships. You will be working to develop leads, solicit, consult and bind coverage to help customers manage their unique insurance and financial needs and while learning the logistics of managing a business and developing your skills and experience.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identify customer needs, and market appropriate products and services.
- Establish customer relationships and follow up with customers, as needed.
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals.
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day.
As an Agent Team Member, you will receive...
- Salary plus commission/bonus
- Valuable experience
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Property and Casualty license (must be able to obtain)
- Life and Health license (must be able to obtain)
- Courses on ethical and customer centered sales practices will be required
- Selected candidate is expected to remain current in product changes, licensing, technical developments, and continuing education
My Training Program Includes
- Learning to market property/casualty, life, health and bank products
- Setting sales and growth goals
- Working closely with the agent to gain an understanding of the agent’s role and office logistics
- Learning how to network effectively
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please complete our application. We will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process.
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm Insurance Companies. This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. State Farm agents control which licensing requirements and training programs are offered or must be successfully completed by their employees. By accepting employment with a State Farm agent and/or successfully completing any licensing or training programs required by a State Farm agent, you are not guaranteed, promised or given any form of selection preference, should you choose to leave the agent’s employment and pursue the opportunity of becoming an independent contractor agent for State Farm Insurance Companies. If you choose to pursue an agency opportunity, you will need to apply and go through the regular State Farm Insurance Companies’ agent selection process
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm. Agents are responsible for and make all employment decisions regarding their employees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)